On January 20, 2021, Former Vice President Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States of America.
We join President Trump in ‘praying for [the incoming administration’s] success in keeping America safe and prosperous’. We support the peaceful transfer of power that has always been a hallmark of American democracy.
Biden has stated that he wants to unify America and that he will be a President for all citizens. We call on President-Elect Biden to start fostering that unity by:
- Disavowing all political violence, especially that of Antifa and BLM;
- Rejecting the calls for ‘deprogramming’ of conservatives and the ‘re-education’ of conservatives’ children;
- Rejecting legislation that will classify conservatives as ‘domestic terrorists’, thereby treating his fellow law-abiding American citizens as if they were members of Al-Qaeda;
- Rejecting the leftist practices of blacklisting political opponents and seeking to oust them from jobs and communities; and
- Refraining from the politicization of our great military by requiring that military members swear an oath of allegiance to him and not to the country and Constitution.
President-Elect Biden must uphold the Constitutional rights of all citizens, including the 75 million Americans who voted for President Trump.
Lastly, we call on the leaders of both parties in the Senate to distance themselves from any attempt to try President Trump on the Article of Impeachment currently sitting in the House. Congress should focus on legislating for the benefit of all Americans at home and abroad.