Are you an American Living Abroad? Your Vote Matters!
Do you want to vote in American elections? As an overseas American citizen, you have the right to vote in federal elections.
Please note that you should register to vote after January 1 of the year in which you plan to vote. Federal law requires states to erase overseas voters from their registers. Not all states comply, but to be sure that you receive your ballot, register after January 1 of the year in which the elections will take place.
How to vote?
- You will need the address for your last place of residence in the US. Not sure which address to use? Please click here for advice from FVAP.
- Go to the non-partisan website www.fvap.gov run by the US government for military and overseas citizen voters.
- Choose your state and follow the instructions.
- If you are unsure whether or not you are eligible to vote at a particular address, you can always contact the county election official for your former address. Names and contact details for election officials are given in www.fvap.gov on a state by state basis.
- Are you an American citizen who is eligible to vote but who has never lived in the US? Click here for information related to your situation.
- Please click here for a FAQ on overseas voting from FVAP.
We need your vote! Help the Republican Party retain the Presidency and the Senate and take back the House.
Please note that overseas Americans must register to vote each and every year. Although some states do not follow the federal law and do not erase their overseas voter lists, don’t take the risk: register to vote now.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
40th president of United States
Social Media Updates
Follow us on Facebook for latest news and updates